- Policy Starter: Policy Starter includes a Sample Policy Manual provided and maintained by ISFIS, in consultation with school attorneys, legislative and executive branch decision makers, and school leaders. The sample policies are available online, are simple to use, and completely searchable. The ISFIS Sample Policy Manual is broken down into manageable sections for ease of use.
- Policy Boosters: From new federal, state or administrative law to a continuous outpouring of state and federal court decisions, schools need to make sure the board is protecting the district, employees, and most importantly, the children served. ISFIS Policy Boosters provide notification via email of recommended or mandated changes in policies with a description of the laws and rulings driving the changes.
- Online Policy Manual Hosting Service - ISFIS will host your district's policy manual online. This is a public facing website where your school policies are accessible anywhere, anytime, by your board, employees or community members. Authorized district personnel can edit the online manual so all stakeholders will always have access to the most current policies, which also creates an audit trail of all changes. Districts can begin with the ISFIS Sample Policy Manual or can upload their current current custom policy manual. ISFIS will handle all aspects of the website hosting (with no monthly hosting fees) and will provide a template mirroring the look of the district's main website. The district can easily link to the custom policy site from the district's current website. The website can be up and running in just a few days, depending on your current policy format. ISFIS will also upload your district's initial manual on behalf of your district for an additional fee. The Online Policy Manual Hosting service is included with the ISFIS Supplemental Policy Subscription and is also available as a stand-alone service.
- Policy/HR/ER Phone Support: ISFIS Policy Service Subscribers also receive access to contact information for any questions regarding your district's policies, human resources issues, and employee relations. This is an extremely efficient and inexpensive way to get quick answers to many of the routine questions about such things as open meetings, public records, and best practices. If a formal opinion is required, you may request a referral or consult with your attorney. Answers to many recent or frequently asked questions on policy issues are also noted on the policy website.
- Policy Examination Consulting Services: If your policy manual needs an overhaul, on a time and charge basis, ISFIS will help your district locate an attorney who specializes in reviewing and updating your entire policy manual. The review includes updates, specific recommendations on required changes, and best practices and flexibility available to your district. Call us for more information, especially if you have an accreditation review coming up in the future.
Contact Margaret Buckton for information about becoming an ISFIS Policy Services Subscriber.