Each January and February, ISFIS partners with Piper Jaffray and Iowa's Area Education Agencies to provide face-to-face budget workshops for business managers and superintendents. These hands-on workshops provide the opportunity for leaders from each district to prepare their individual budgets in just one highly productive day. Each budget workshop will be held at an Iowa AEA from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and this year we will be reserving an additional hour at the end of each session for districts who would like to learn more about how to complete their 5-Year Financial Projection. Due to changes in location and format, all workshop attendees will be required to bring their own computer this year. More information regarding documents and forms to bring along will be sent out shortly.
2019 Dates, Locations and Times
14 budget workshop at 13 locations! This year's budget workshops will cost $250 per district per workshop to attend.
Budget workshop registration is now live! Click here to register for any of the 14 workshops.
- Jan. 28 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Heartland AEA
- Jan. 29 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Cedar Rapids
- Jan. 30 @ 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Coralville - RESCHEDULED for Feb. 13 @ 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Coralville
- Jan. 31 @ 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Bettendorf - CANCELLED due to weather
- Feb. 5 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Le Mars
- Feb. 6 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Le Mars
- Feb. 7 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Spencer - CANCELLED due to weather
- Feb. 8 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Fort Dodge - CHANGED to 10 am start time due to weather
- Feb. 11 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Council Bluffs
- Feb.12 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Creston - CANCELLED due to weather
- Feb. 14 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Albia
- Feb. 15 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Cedar Falls
- Feb. 18 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Elkader - CHANGED TO 10 am start time via GoToMeeting
- Feb. 22 @ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Clear Lake
- Feb. 25 @ 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Heartland AEA, Johnston - JUST ADDED
- Department of Management 2018-2019 final Aid & Levy printout from Lisa Oakley dated approximately June 2016.
- Copy of the 2018-2019 Certification of Taxes from the Department of Management (mailed with the Department of Management's final Aid & Levy printout).
- Dropout Prevention modified supplemental amount for FY2020, Special Education deficit letter or other School Budget Review Committee approvals during the 2018-2019 budget year.
- Previous years budget forms from 2017-2018 school year which were completed and certified in April 2018
- Any Debt Schedules (Bonds & Interest) and Loan Agreement Schedules - include PPEL loans.
- 2017-18 CAR Budget Crosswalk Report and Balance Sheet. You will need this report to complete the Worksheet 1 and 2. Please have a draft of the Worksheet 1 and 2 as complete as possible. Don't worry about State Aid and Property Tax numbers, those will populate automatically.
- Please bring your district ID and password in case you need to access the CAR.